Performing forensic research on and analysis of company’s financial data to identify potential fraud and/or business revenue loss. The successful candidate should combine keen investigative skills with knowledge of accounting procedures and be able to organize financial evidence into detailed reports that will be helpful to attorneys and law officials.
- Reconciliation of supplier’s accounts to verify that the details of all invoices and other transactions on it are correct before accurate and approved payment is made and within expected timelines.
- Processing of insurance premium financing (IPF) forms and following up with the disbursement team to ensure cancellation of covers in case of a dishonored commitment or default.
- Assisting in preparations of both internal and external audits and posting of post audit adjustment entries and journals as recommended in the report.
- Monthly production and analysis of the debtors’ report and analyzing the ageing, follow-up of payments and presenting a report to the team leader and discuss and agree on a write off / bad debt classification.
- Continuous tracking of actual expenditure and deviations from the quarterly budgets while ensuring legible expenditure support documents are submitted as required.
- Preparation of Management and draft financial reports for review and approval by the finance Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc degree in Accounting or Finance,
- Proven work experience as a Forensic Accountant, Certified Public Accountant or relevant role
- Additional qualification in Economic Crime Investigation or Law Enforcement will be a plus
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with accounting and financial procedures
- Understanding of forensic auditing procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software and spreadsheets
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- Excellent numeracy skills with an ability to spot inaccuracies
- The ability to handle confidential information
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Forensic Auditor) to firstname.lastname@example.org .