We are looking for a Sales Operations Manager for Kenya within the Mobility Department who is resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done. Your main objective will be to drive sales. This entails building market demand, designing processes, and executing, including managing a large direct sales force and developing new sales channels.
- Directly manage a team of field sales agents and channel partners, driving productivity to achieve targets. Primarily, the role is responsible for driving sales performance from our direct sales team.
- Develop powerful sales communication approaches and train a highly effective sales force to build trust in a new product, generate high-potential leads, and close sales to target consumers.
- Lead the conceptualization, deployment, and optimization of sales and marketing processes that accelerate quality sales growth through the building of our market presence and empowerment of our sales force;
- Enhance the performance of sales team members by implementing and managing support tools, including training programs, incentive structures, pitch materials, and performance management systems.
- Initiate and manage relationships with channel partners and other stakeholders to support sales efforts
- Design and organize an efficient leads management system, driving high conversion rates and providing clarity on sales forecasting efforts across multiple sales channels (direct field sales, telesales, partners, etc.)
- Drive insights about the efficacy of sales and marketing initiatives and campaigns, market perceptions and customer pain points, and how we can deliver the best product experience for customers and sales agents.
- Work with the marketing team to design market activations and build demand for our new products.
- Support the development of other team members through coaching, mentoring, and shared learning.
- Work alongside the Director of Mobility to identify and spearhead initiatives to drive operational excellence.
- Education: Diploma or Degree required, preferably in Sales, Marketing, or a related field
- Skills: Ability to analyze and present data clearly, work with Excel, PowerPoint, and mobile sales tools
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a regional sales management role. Including direct field sales operations, telesales campaign management, and/or establishing sales channels. Most important is expertise in training, mobilizing, and managing a large, widely dispersed sales force, and/or rolling out a new product or brand in the market.
- Reflexively ask yourself, “is this the best way to empower sales agents and connect with customers?”
- Love translating insights from the field into new sales initiatives and process improvements.
- Are motivated by excellence and hitting targets and being resourceful to figure out how to do so.
- Are excited about working in a start-up team (within a larger company) to bring a new product division to life.
- Are highly goal-oriented and possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Sales Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org